Last updated: March 1, 2021
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Riwaq.org collects and processes your personal information through Riwaq website that references this Privacy Notice (together “Riwaq Services”). By using Riwaq Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
RIWAQ’S PRIVACY NOTICE
Riwaq will not sell, trade or share any customers’ personal information with any individual or organization. Riwaq will not send customers mailings on behalf of any other organizations.
Riwaq is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, rest assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to any third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- Riwaq may collect your personally identifiable information by such means as emailing us, sending us your resume, or filling out certain forms on our website.
- Riwaq may also gather certain technical data from your browser such as your computer’s “Internet Protocol” address, as well as statistics about how you navigate through our site.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Riwaq Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Riwaq Services. Read below to see examples of WHAT WE COLLECT. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of Riwaq Services.
- Automatic Information:We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Riwaq Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Riwaq Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Riwaq Services. Read below to see examples of what we collect.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Name and employment details.
- Date of birth and gender.
- Contact information, postcode, phone/mobile and email address.
- Technical data such as IP address, type of browser of visitors and a record of the pages viewed on our site.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
For What Purposes Does Riwaq Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. Riwaq requires this information to understand your capabilities and use the information to provide you with a better service. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services.We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Riwaq Services.We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Riwaq Services.
- Recommendations and personalization.We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Riwaq Services.
- Comply with legal obligations.In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with you.We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Riwaq Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email).
- Sending promotional emails about new offers, fundraising campigns , special events or other information which you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Contacting you for market research purposes. Riwaq may contact you by email. Riwaq may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks.We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of Riwaq customers.
- Issuing purchase receipts.
- Internal record keeping.
What about Cookies and Other Identifiers?
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Riwaq uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. Riwaq only uses this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help Riwaq provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Riwaq’s cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Riwaq’s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any Riwaq products and services that require you to sign in.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, Riwaq will not transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
See our Privacy Notice for more information about the types of information we gather.
For more information about cookies and how we use them, please read our Cookies Notice.
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, recognize you, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honour your preferences. You may set your preferences through Your Account.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Riwaq’s content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, relevant to your interests on Riwaq sites.
- This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
Does Riwaq Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
We only share to protect Riwaq and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Riwaq, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
CONDITIONS OF USE
Welcome to Riwaq.org. Riwaq.org Services (“Riwaq”) provide website features to you when you visit or shop at Riwaq.org, use Riwaq products or services (collectively, “Riwaq Services”). Riwaq provides the Riwaq Services subject to the following conditions.
By using Riwaq Services, you agree to these conditions. Please read them carefully.
We offer a wide range of Riwaq Services, and sometimes additional terms may apply. When you use a Riwaq Service (for example, Your Profile) you also will be subject to the guidelines, terms and agreements applicable to that Riwaq Service (“Service Terms”). If these Conditions of Use are inconsistent with the Service Terms, those Service Terms will control.
Please review Riwaq’s Privacy Notice, which also governs your use of Riwaq Services, to understand our practices.
When you use Riwaq Services, or send e-mails, from your desktop or mobile device to us, you may be communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically, such as e-mails, texts, or notices and messages on this site or through other Riwaq Services, such as our Message Center, and you can retain copies of these communications for your records. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included in or made available through any Riwaq Service, such as text, graphics, logos, icons, images, digital downloads, and data compilations is the property of Riwaq and protected by international copyright laws. The compilation of all content included in or made available through any Riwaq Service is the exclusive property of Riwaq and protected by international copyright laws.
Graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through any Riwaq Service are trademarks or trade dress of Riwaq in all countries. Riwaq’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Riwaq’s, in any manner that is likely to confuse customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Riwaq. All other trademarks not owned by Riwaq that appear in any Riwaq Service are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, or connected to Riwaq.
LICENSE AND ACCESS
Subject to your compliance with these Conditions of Use and any Service Terms, and your payment of any applicable fees, Riwaq grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and make personal and non-commercial use of the Riwaq Services. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of any Riwaq Service, or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of any Riwaq Service or its contents; any downloading, copying, or other use of account information for the benefit of any third party; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. All rights not expressly granted to you in these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms are reserved and retained by Riwaq or its licensors, publishers, rights-holders. No Riwaq Service, nor any part of any Riwaq Service, may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without having written consent of Riwaq. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Riwaq without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Riwaq’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of Riwaq. You may not misuse the Riwaq Services. You may use the Riwaq Services only as permitted by law. The licenses granted by Riwaq terminate if you do not comply with these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms.
You may need your own Riwaq account to use certain Riwaq Services, and you may be required to be logged in to the account and have a valid payment method associated with it. If there is a problem charging your selected payment method, we may charge any other valid payment method associated with your account. Visit RIWAQ PAYMENT to manage your payment options. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your account, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Riwaq does sell products for children, but it sells them to adults, who can purchase with a credit card or other permitted payment method. If you are under 18, you may use the Riwaq Services only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Parents and guardians may create profiles for teenagers in their Riwaq Household. Riwaq reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, terminate your rights to use Riwaq Services, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at its sole discretion.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS, AND OTHER CONTENT
You may post reviews, comments; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights (including publicity rights), or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam” or unsolicited commercial electronic messages. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. Riwaq reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content but does not regularly review posted content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Riwaq a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, perform, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Riwaq the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Riwaq for all claims resulting from content you supply. Riwaq has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Riwaq takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COMPLAINTS
Riwaq respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your intellectual property rights are being infringed, please communicate with us through the contact information posted on Riwaq website. Riwaq will act swiftly to correct the issue or remove disputed items from its Services.
RISK OF LOSS
All purchases of physical items from Riwaq are made either through one of the courier services available in The Palestinian Territories or through the Palestinian Post Office. The customer can choose his/her preferred method of shipping. Also, the customer will be informed of the rules, cost, tracking information (if available) and time of delivery for the chosen method of shipping. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. Due to the postal complications in The Palestinian Territories, Riwaq recommends choosing a shipping method with tracking information to reduce the risk of loss and delay in delivery.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
Because of postal complications in The Palestinian Territories, Riwaq does not have a return policy. As we mainly service books and publications, there is no Satisfaction polices. Also, Riwaq does not refund buyers for any returned items.
Riwaq attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, Riwaq does not warrant that product description or other content of any Riwaq Service is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. Please read the description (including size, weight, language, covers…) carefully and inquire about it before you put it in your cart. Please note that there is no Return Policy.
Concerning items sold by Riwaq, we cannot confirm the price of an item until you order. Despite our best efforts, some of the items in our catalogue may be mispriced. If the correct price of an item sold by Riwaq is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
The price showed on the website for the physical items does not include shipping. Shipping cost will be calculated after you choose your preferred method of shipping and will also show when you proceed to checkout
Your credit card will be charged after you have checked out and proceeded to the final payment. The shipping process will take place on the next working day. For digital products, the digital product will be available to you instantly with an email sent to your entered email address with the payment details and your account information to access the digital product.
Taxes and Custom fares
For the shipped physical items, Riwaq is not responsible for any taxes and/or custom fares that may be applied in the receiver’s country. The receiver/customer is responsible for any customs fares and/or taxes on the shipped items if there is any. The price for the shipped items does not include taxes and custom fares that may be applied in the receiver’s country on the shipped items.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Riwaq services and all information, content, materials, products and other services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Riwaq Services are provided by Riwaq on an “as is” and “as available” basis unless otherwise specified in writing. Riwaq makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Riwaq Services, or the information, content, materials, products or other services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Riwaq services unless otherwise specified in writing. You expressly agree that your use of the Riwaq Services is at your sole risk.
To the full extent permissible by law, Riwaq disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Riwaq does not warrant that the Riwaq Services, information, content, materials, products or other services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Riwaq Services, Riwaq’s servers or electronic communications sent from Riwaq are free of viruses or other harmful components. To the full extent permissible by law, Riwaq will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of any Riwaq Service, or from any information, content, materials, products or other services included on or otherwise made available to you through any Riwaq Service, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
By using any Riwaq Service, you agree that the laws of The Palestinian Territories, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Riwaq.
SITE POLICIES, MODIFICATION, AND SEVERABILITY
Please review our policies posted on this site. These policies also govern your use of Riwaq Services. We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, Service Terms, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
RIWAQ CENTREP. O. Box 212 Ramallah, Palestine
RIWAQ SOFTWARE TERMS
The following terms (“Software Terms”) apply to any software (including any updates or upgrades to the software) and any related documentation we make available to you in connection with Riwaq Services (the “Riwaq Software”).
- Use of the Riwaq Software.You may use Riwaq Software solely for purposes of enabling you to use the Riwaq Services as provided by Riwaq, and as permitted by these Conditions of Use and any Service Terms. You may not incorporate any portion of the Riwaq Software into other programs or compile any portion of it in combination with other programs, or otherwise, copy (except to exercise rights granted in this section), modify, create derivative works of, distribute, assign any rights to, or license the Riwaq Software in whole or in part.
- No Reverse Engineering.You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble, tamper with, or bypass any security associated with the Riwaq Software, whether in whole or in part.
- We may offer automatic or manual updates to the Riwaq Software at any time and without notice to you.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use Riwaq Services, your use and any dispute over privacy are subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, and application of the law of The Palestinian Territories. If you have any concern about privacy at Riwaq, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
You provide information to us when you:
- Search or shop for products or services on our website;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use Riwaq Services;
- provide information in Your Account(and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with Riwaq service;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- provide and/or rate Reviews;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- content of reviews and emails to us;
- personal description and photograph in Your Profile;
- images and videos collected or stored in connection with Riwaq Services;
- information and documents regarding identity;
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- The internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- Login, email address, and password;
- The location of your device or computer;
- Content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- Device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Riwaq Services metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application);
- version and time zone settings;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- Updated delivery and address information from third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- Tracking information for your shipped item from your chosen method of shipping (via a service courier or the Palestinian Post Office), which we will pass it on to you via an email sent to your entered email address in Your Account.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Riwaq Services include:
- Status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- Your complete order history;
- Personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, and address book);
- Your Profile
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your Riwaq account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- When you sign in to your account from a new device whether it is a mobile or a PC or others you will be logged off automatically from the second device your last sign-in was from. you will be allowed to sign in to your account from one device regardless of its type (mobile, PC, Mac, or others).
Links to other websites
Riwaq website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, Riwaq cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by Riwaq’s privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, membership, household settings, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. Many of our Riwaq Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Riwaq Services.
- When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account and blocking cookies on your browser.
In addition, to the extent required by the applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us at email@example.com. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.